Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Tag Page for my Art Journal!

 Yesterday, I got ambitious and took on the challenge of making a page for my art journal out of office tags!  You know, all of us have these tags laying around, and we do use them for projects from time to time...but what about using them for something other than what they were intended?  Now, I have to admit, I was trolling YouTube one night, and stumbled on this idea, so it's not my original concept~but, I made my own version, as you can see!  This is the Tag Page-Closed... 
 This is the Tag Page-Opened.  Each tag becomes a double-sided individual mini-collage!  I love this idea! It was challenging at first, then as it evolved, it became fun to come up with interesting images and textures to add to the project.  this is also a good way to practice various techniques you have picked-up along the way or learned in class. Practice them on these tags and put them somewhere, then at a later date, bring those tags out and embellish them and use them in a project like this!  Awesome!
 Here's a close-up of the open tag page...
Close-up of the closed tag page.

Have FUN with your Art Gang, and make it Your Own!

No comments:

Post a Comment