Saturday, November 9, 2013

In My Kitchen!

Hey Gang! Good Morning and Happy Saturday to Ya! As promised, I'm posting here on my blog my 2 recipes that I had shared on FB recently~Homemade Granola and my Mom's Banana Bread! Both are Fantastic and of course, NO PRESERVATIVES!
Homemade Granola
 2 cups oats
(you  can add any dry cereal you have in the pantry too)
1 Egg white
2/3 cup of Honey or Pancake Syrup
1/2 cup dried fruit 
1 cup nuts
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes on a non-stick cookie sheet (with sides) or a baking dish that's been sprayed with PAM . Spread mixture flat on baking surface.
After removed from oven, let cool 2 hrs. then cut or break apart. YUM!

This is a Great recipe to use up some of those items in your pantry that have been sitting around so you DON'T have to throw them away! (how often do we use pancake syrup after the brilliant idea to make pancakes ONE Sunday morning?) Enjoy!
Banana Bread
2 cups flour (all purpose)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
3 tbsp sour milk (sour the milk with a bit of white vinegar)
1 tsp. baking soda (mixed into the flour)
3 over-ripe bananas-smashed
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of nuts (if desired)
Pour mixture in to a pre-greased bread pan
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hr to 1 hr 15 min. (depending on your oven.)

This recipe came from my 87 year old Mom who was given it by her oldest sister~so this is a proven Family Recipe! I have made this delicious banana bread for years and it is always Awesome! 

Let me know how it turns out, I would Love to hear from you guys!
Enjoy Gang and have and Awesome Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment