Monday, June 10, 2013

Bling-Tastic Fun!

 Happy Monday Gang! Here's what I've been up to this past week! Been rediscovering my soldering iron and Loving It!  I played around with a new technique to me, texturing the solder whilst it's still liquid! It's a tricky process, but the results are well worth it!  I've always loved these Blinged-Up charm style necklaces, and have made a few in the past, so it was cool to revisit this style of jewelry making and have Fun with it! Check-out my results!  (I made two different necklaces, but my pictures got a little mixed-up, so you'll be going back and forth between the two pieces. Don't get dizzy!)
 Second necklace I attempted made ambitious by converting a watch casing into an enclosed frame for a little Sacred Heart graphic. Man, that was a challenge, but I did it!
 This particular "Mary" graphic reminded me of the Renaissance style paintings and the art I saw last year on my visits to the many cathedrals in Germany.  I especially love the feel of old world art and how it transcends time, beautiful.
 Close-Up of the detail on my pendant.  I was able to play with streaming solder across the glass, which is tricky, being the glass is highly sensitive to heat and will crack...I got lucky, and Love the result!
 Close-Up of the converted watch casing I used to encapsulate my image. I just made this up as I went along and it actually turned out Great!  Some of my best results come from happenstance, so I've learned to try to not over think my creative process and just let it happen.
 I had just obtained this patina'd puffy metal heart and got the idea to embellish it.  I always have metal sheets on hand, because you never know, right?  Whipped-out my metal stamps and tin snips and Voila' a cool attachment for my heart! And of course, a little Bling doesn't hurt either! Also, all of the pearl chain in these pieces is hand wire-wrapped by moi~ this is truly a labor of love~somehow it relaxes me to do this process over and over and over again...
 The first piece I completed, my "Blue Mary". I had fun adorning Her with suitable charms that would compliment the whole piece without making it look "junkie"~it's a fine line.  The wings I had also just purchased recently, and I finally had a use for a couple of religious metals I had acquired some time ago.  It all came together perfectly I think!

I also added a bit of gold leaf to further accent Mary in her little glass home adding to the Glitz of the whole piece.  I hope you have enjoyed this brief tour of my latest work, and hope you have found some inspiration to take with you for your own art! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment