Thursday, May 27, 2010

Soldering 101!

I recently took a soldering class from Irene over at Garden of Beaden in Upland, Ca. www.gardenofbeadenupland.com , what a total blast! I so love, love, love this form of art and the dimension it brings to my jewelry making! One of my favorite things to do these days is to settle in with one of my Somerset mags; I expecially love the jewelry publications, they ROCK! I've been getting so inspired by all of the fabulous art in these magazines, that I just had to take the next step! So, of course, after I finished the class I had to go out and purchase all of the right goodies , right? Now, my garage not only houses my "home gym" and my jewelry making "tool bench" but also my soldering workstation! As soon as I get it all how I want it (getting the donation pile outta there and moving the pet toilets elsewhere!) Then I'll post some pics! Along with being constantly inspired by all of the art around me, I love checking out other artists workspace; must be my organized Virgo side. I'll post more when I get some pieces done. Thanks Irene, for teaching me the basics and opening up this whole side of jewelry making that I know will be exciting!

1 comment: